Consumer and Community Engagement
Healthcare belongs to the people and communities it serves. The Townsville Hospital and Health Service understands that health services that involve the community in their design, delivery and care are safer, stronger and better. By engaging with our patients, consumers, carers, families and communities, we can deliver and design better healthcare and improve the healthcare environment.
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service values the ideas and opinions of our consumers and community. We'd love to have you on board.
Alternatively, you can use one or more of the following to stay in touch with us and provide your input:
- Apply to be part our Consumer Advisory Council (CAC) or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Advisory Council (ATSICAC) when vacancies occur
- Join our Community Partner Program
- Provide feedback to us on the care you receive
- Talk to our staff directly about the care you receive
- Connect with us on social media
- Keep up to date with the latest news
The Consumer and Community Engagement Strategy 2018 - 2022 aims to deliver new and innovative ways to connect with the community. This includes the creation of the CAC and the ATSICAC and encouraging our community to be part of our Community Partner Program.