Home Hill Health Service
The Home Hill Health Service is a 14-bed rural facility predominately providing aged care, rehabilitation and renal dialysis services to the local community. The renal satellite unit has eight chairs and operates three days a week with extra services when required. The facility maintains close ties with the Ayr Health Service.
What care is provided?
- Aged care
- Triage assessments of clients 24/7
- Renal dialysis
- General outpatients clinics - three days a week serviced by Ayr medical officers
- Wound-dressing clinics – twice a day
- Outpatient blood-product transfusions - weekly
- Physiotherapy (weekly)
- Speech therapy (weekly)
- Occupational therapy (fortnightly)
- Child health (fortnightly)
- Social worker (fortnightly)
- Needle and syringe program
- Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service (TAIHS) Clinic – twice weekly
- Chronic kidney disease clinics - every six months
- Private GP Women’s Health Clinic - three days a week
- Diabetic foot-ulcer clinic – fortnightly
- Respiratory (lungs) clinic - monthly
- Opportunistic immunisations
Where possible, the Home Hill Health Service offers telehealth appointments for all specialties available at The Townsville Hospital.
Patients may also be eligible for reimbursement of costs incurred when travelling to a different facility for care. You can find more information about the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme here.
Street parking is available
Tenth Avenue, Home Hill, QLD 4806
PO Box 53 Home Hill QLD 4806
Ph: +61 7 4790 5700
Fax: +61 7 4790 5799
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.
Visiting hours at all Townsville HHS facilities is 8:00am – 8:00pm.