Magnetic Island Health Service
Magnetic Island Health Service provides clinical nursing services to residents and visitors to Magnetic Island.
What care is provided?
- Ante/postnatal care
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Child health (eg. immunisations and baby weigh)
- Health promotion
- Pathology collection
- Sexual health screening
- Telehealth for some specialist appointments
- Wound assessment and dressings
- Breast Screen (every two years)
- Clinical Social Worker (weekly)
- Chronic Kidney Disease team (three times a year)
- Women’s Health Nurse (monthly)
Community health services
- Community care clinics
General Practitioner (GP) Services
There is a medical practice on the Island that can be contacted about making an appointment with a doctor.
Magnetic Island Medical Practice - (07) 4778 5614
Free onsite parking is available
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
76 Sooning Street
Nelly Bay, 4819
Ph: (07) 4778 5107
Fax: + 61 7 4758 1974
Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Saturdays: 9:00am - 1:00pm
(Closed most public holidays)
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.