Townsville Health Library
The Townsville Health Library supports patient care, research and continuing education for Townsville Hospital and Health Service staff as well as for students at the adjacent James Cook University.
It offers access to a range of services and information to enhance the provision of patient care, research and education.
The library, which is located on the first floor of Townsville University Hospital overlooking the main entrance, has 24/7 access for staff and and 5th & 6th year JCU Medical students.
The library offers:
- An online library catalogue that provides access to local and statewide Queensland Health library resources
- Expert assistance for reference and database searching in support of evidence-based practice
- Training in literature searching and using EndNote reference manager
- Interlibrary loans for patient care and research
- Loans: 10 books for four weeks; after-hours borrowing and return facilities
- 18 computers/laptops with internet access (Novell login required)
- Photocopying, binding and laminating services
- Wi-fi access for private devices