Townsville Health Library
The Townsville Health Library is a people's place that supports patient care, research and continuing education for Townsville HHS staff as well as for students of the adjacent James Cook University. It offers access to a range of services and information sources to enhance the provision of patient care, research and education.
The library, which is located on the first floor of Townsville University Hospital overlooking the main entrance, has 24/7 access for staff.
The Library offers:
- An online library catalogue that provides access to local and statewide Queensland Health library resources
- Expert assistance for reference and database searching in support of evidence-based practice
- Training in literature searching and using EndNote reference manager
- Interlibrary loans for patient care and research
- Loans: 10 books for three weeks; after-hours borrowing and return facilities
- 14 computers with internet access (network account required)
- Photocopying, binding and laminating services