Board Summaries 2021
Summary of the Townsville Hospital and Health Board Meeting held 15 February 2021 and Board Activities in December 2020 and January 2021
The Townsville Hospital and Health Board (THHB) held its first meeting of 2021 on 15 February 2021 at the Townsville University Hospital. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Tony Mooney and attended by eight members of the Board.
The Board received updates from the committees which met in November 2020, including:
- Board Finance Committee
- Board Safety and Quality Committee
- Board Executive Committee
The Board received a regular Executive Report and Performance Report from the Health Service Chief Executive.
The Board received updates on key focus areas, which included:
- Operational readiness for the COVID-19 vaccination roll out
- Research capabilities and funding sources
- An update on the transition of primary care services to community control
- An update on the strategy for healthcare provision in older persons in North Queensland
Representatives of the Board participated in several key meetings and events in December 2020 and January 2021, these included but were not limited to:
- Community stakeholder Christmas events
- Palm Island Health Governance Group meeting
- JCU 50-year Celebrations
- Consumer Advisory Council meeting
- Queensland Finance and Audit Committee meeting
- Staff Excellence Awards for the Townsville Hospital and Health Service
The Board and THHS Executive hosted the Minister for Health, Yvette D’Ath at the Townsville University Hospital on 27 January 2021. Minister D’Ath visited the emergency department, launched a Safer Baby Bundle and met with intern doctors.
This summary of key issues discussed, and decisions made is approved for publishing by the Chair of the Townsville Hospital and Health Board and does not form or represent any part of the minutes of the meeting.