Eventide Residential Aged Care
Residential aged care facilities
Care and support visits,other than an end of life visit, are limited to a maximum of two visitors at a time per resident. For end of life visits, more than two visitors may visit a resident at one time.
- If a person is attending a residential aged care facility to visit a resident, they must, to the extent reasonably practicable:
- practise physical distancing; and
- limit their contact with other persons at the facility.
A person must not enter, or remain on, the premises of a residential aged care facility if:
- during the 14 days immediately preceding the entry, the person arrived in Australia from a place outside Australia; or
- during the 14 days immediately preceding the entry, the person has been in a COVID-19 hotspot; or
- during the 14 days immediately preceding the entry, the person had known contact with a person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19; or
- the person has a temperature equal to or higher than 37.5 degrees or symptoms of acute respiratory infection; or
- the person does not have an up to date vaccination against influenza, if the vaccination is available to the person.
Example – the vaccination is not available to a person with a medical contraindication to the influenza vaccine
Eventide is a 110-bed residential aged care facility, located in the rural township of Charters Towers. To create a home-like environment for our residents, the facility has open visiting hours and actively encourages family to participate in resident activities and care planning.
The facility boasts a spacious garden, a library, games room, under cover safe-walking promenades with shady seating, an inter-denominational chapel, hairdresser and concert hall.
Our residents participate in a busy program of recreational activities including participation in local community club and events.
The residential aged-care facility includes 10 psycho-geriatric beds and 26 dementia-specific beds. The remaining beds are designated high-care beds, each a single room with shared bathroom facilities. Eventide provides 24-hour nursing services and on-site allied health services.
Free on-site parking is available
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
54 - 78 Dalrymple Road
Richmond Hill, Charters Towers QLD 4820
PO Box 184
Ph: +61 7 4787 5555
Fax: +61 7 4787 1072
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.