Eventide Residential Aged Care
What’s changed from 26 May 2021
- Anyone who has been in an interstate area of concern in the last 14 days or since an identified start date (whichever is shorter) cannot enter a residential aged care facility.
- Interstate areas of concern are places in Australia that present an increased COVID-19 risk, that is not as high as hotspots.
- You may enter a residential aged care facility if you have been in an interstate area of concern since the identified start date if you obtain a negative COVID-19 test in Queensland and are:
- an employee, contractor, or student of the facility
- providing goods or services necessary for the facility’s operation
- providing health, medical, personal care or pharmaceutical or pathology services to a resident
- required for emergency management, law enforcement or to comply with a power or function of a government agency or entity
- a prospective resident or a support person of a prospective resident
- maintaining continuity of care for a resident that can’t be delivered by non-contact means – with permission of the facility’s operator
- attending for an end of life visit.
You may be requested to provide evidence of the negative COVID-19 test when entering the facility.
- If you have been to an interstate exposure venue (such as a restaurant or shop), in the last 14 days you cannot enter a residential aged care facility at all. You must follow the quarantine requirements in the Interstate Exposure Venues Direction
For more information, you can view the Aged Care Direction here.
Eventide is a 110-bed residential aged care facility, located in the rural township of Charters Towers. To create a home-like environment for our residents, the facility has open visiting hours and actively encourages family to participate in resident activities and care planning.
The facility boasts a spacious garden, a library, games room, under cover safe-walking promenades with shady seating, an inter-denominational chapel, hairdresser and concert hall.
Our residents participate in a busy program of recreational activities including participation in local community club and events.
The residential aged-care facility includes 10 psycho-geriatric beds and 26 dementia-specific beds. The remaining beds are designated high-care beds, each a single room with shared bathroom facilities. Eventide provides 24-hour nursing services and on-site allied health services.
Free on-site parking is available
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
54 - 78 Dalrymple Road
Richmond Hill, Charters Towers QLD 4820
PO Box 184
Ph: (07) 4787 5555
Fax: +61 7 4787 1072
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.