Eventide Residential Aged Care
What’s changed from 6am AEST 15 April 2021
- There are no restricted Local Government Areas. You can now enter a residential aged care facility if you comply with visitor requirements.
Visitors, staff or volunteers at a residential aged care facility should not be anyone who:
- is unwell
- has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- has returned from overseas in the last 14 days (excluding safe travel zone countries)
- has had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- has visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter)
- has been tested for COVID-19 and is waiting for the result (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- has COVID-19 symptoms of fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue
- from 3 May 2021, has not had the 2021 flu vaccine, if it is available to them.
You may enter a residential aged care facility if you do not fit into any of the above categories.
- wash their hands before entering and leaving the facility
- stay 1.5 metres away from others where possible
- stay in the resident’s room, outside or in a specific area (avoiding communal spaces)
- stay away when unwell
- follow requests from the facility to help keep staff and residents safe.
For more information, you can view the Aged Care Direction here.
Eventide is a 110-bed residential aged care facility, located in the rural township of Charters Towers. To create a home-like environment for our residents, the facility has open visiting hours and actively encourages family to participate in resident activities and care planning.
The facility boasts a spacious garden, a library, games room, under cover safe-walking promenades with shady seating, an inter-denominational chapel, hairdresser and concert hall.
Our residents participate in a busy program of recreational activities including participation in local community club and events.
The residential aged-care facility includes 10 psycho-geriatric beds and 26 dementia-specific beds. The remaining beds are designated high-care beds, each a single room with shared bathroom facilities. Eventide provides 24-hour nursing services and on-site allied health services.
Free on-site parking is available
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
54 - 78 Dalrymple Road
Richmond Hill, Charters Towers QLD 4820
PO Box 184
Ph: (07) 4787 5555
Fax: +61 7 4787 1072
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.