Eventide Residential Aged Care
Visitors, staff or volunteers at a residential aged care facility should not be anyone who:
- is unwell
- has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- has returned from overseas in the last 14 days (excluding safe travel zone countries)
- is a close contact, unless their quarantine period has ended
- has visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter)
- has visited an interstate exposure venue in the last 14 days unless an exemption has been granted for an end of life visit
- has been in an interstate area of concern in the last 14 days or since the identified start date (whichever is shorter), unless you fit into one of the categories of people who are allowed to enter a facility with a negative COVID-19 test
- has been tested for COVID-19 and is waiting for the result (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- has COVID-19 symptoms of fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue
- has not had the 2021 flu vaccine, if it is available to them.
You may enter a residential aged care facility if you do not fit into any of the above categories.
- wash their hands before entering and leaving the facility
- stay 1.5 metres away from others where possible
- stay in the resident’s room, outside or in a specific area (avoiding communal spaces)
- stay away when unwell
- follow requests from the facility to help keep staff and residents safe.
For full details read the Residential Aged Care Direction.
What’s changing from 1am AEST 9 July 2021
- Contact information of visitors, volunteers and contractors must be collected using the Check In Qld app, unless an exception applies.
Eventide is a 110-bed residential aged care facility, located in the rural township of Charters Towers. To create a home-like environment for our residents, the facility has open visiting hours and actively encourages family to participate in resident activities and care planning.
The facility boasts a spacious garden, a library, games room, under cover safe-walking promenades with shady seating, an inter-denominational chapel, hairdresser and concert hall.
Our residents participate in a busy program of recreational activities including participation in local community club and events.
The residential aged-care facility includes 10 psycho-geriatric beds and 26 dementia-specific beds. The remaining beds are designated high-care beds, each a single room with shared bathroom facilities. Eventide provides 24-hour nursing services and on-site allied health services.
Free on-site parking is available
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
54 - 78 Dalrymple Road
Richmond Hill, Charters Towers QLD 4820
PO Box 184
Ph: (07) 4787 5555
Fax: +61 7 4787 1072
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.