Eventide Residential Aged Care
Please note that for residential aged care facilities the following visiting regulations apply:
- residents can have up to two visitors at any one time. There is no limit on the number of visits allowed in a day or the length of each visit
- children under the age of 16 years can now visit residential aged care facilities
Visitors should not be anyone who:
- is unwell
- has returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- has had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- has travelled to a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- has a fever (37.5 degrees or more)
- has a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties
- has not had the 2020 flu vaccination (unless it is unavailable to you).
Eventide is a 110-bed residential aged care facility, located in the rural township of Charters Towers. To create a home-like environment for our residents, the facility has open visiting hours and actively encourages family to participate in resident activities and care planning.
The facility boasts a spacious garden, a library, games room, under cover safe-walking promenades with shady seating, an inter-denominational chapel, hairdresser and concert hall.
Our residents participate in a busy program of recreational activities including participation in local community club and events.
The residential aged-care facility includes 10 psycho-geriatric beds and 26 dementia-specific beds. The remaining beds are designated high-care beds, each a single room with shared bathroom facilities. Eventide provides 24-hour nursing services and on-site allied health services.
Free on-site parking is available
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
54 - 78 Dalrymple Road
Richmond Hill, Charters Towers QLD 4820
PO Box 184
Ph: +61 7 4787 5555
Fax: +61 7 4787 1072
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.