North Queensland Community Forensic Mental Health Service
The North Queensland Community Forensic Mental Health Service provides specialist assessments, interventions, recommendations and liaison with mental health services to assist with the assessment and management of consumers with mental health needs who either have committed, are alleged to have committed, or are at risk of committing an offence, or re-offending.
- *Court Liaison Service - provides specialist screening, mental health assessment and diversion to people who are before the court, or in custody in the watch-house.
- *Prison Mental Health Service - mental health services to consumers who are currently detained in the Townsville Men’s or Women’s Correctional Centres
- **Prison Mental Health Transition Service assist consumers with complex mental health and psychosocial support needs who are transitioning from prison to the community.
- **Community Forensic Outreach Service provide support and assistance to Queensland Health Mental Health Services who manage consumers who have a serious mental illness and complex forensic issues through the provision of specialist forensic assessments, recommendations and intervention strategies to ensure consumer and community-risk mitigation
- **Forensic Liaison Service - oversees, monitors and provides support to mental health teams which coordinate the care of consumers who are under the forensic provisions of the Mental Health Act 2016 to ensure legislation, policies and procedures are followed to ensure appropriate intervention for consumers and safety of the community is maintained.
*Anyone can refer - telephone 07 4433 9480
**Internal referral only.
Cambridge Street Facility
59 Cambridge Street,
Vincent QLD 4814
Ph: (07) 4433 9480
Fax: +61 7 4433 8101
24/7 Crisis assistance and support
Mental Health Intake and Referral:
Ph: 1300MH CALL (1300 64 2255)
24/7 Alcohol and Drug Information Service:
Ph: 1800 177 833
In a life-threatening emergency:
Telephone triple zero (000) or 112 from mobiles