Oral Health Services
Changes to oral health services
School Dental Service
For the School Dental Service is it business as usual in terms of treatment.
No RAT is required for the School Dental Service; however, if a student is unwell, we will redirect them to the school office for triage.
Only one parent or guardian can attend with each student and they will need to wear a surgical mask.
All other dental services
Oral Health Services are providing limited care for dental emergencies. If you, or a dependent, develops a dental emergency please call 1300 300 850.
On arrival for your appointment, you may be required to produce a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) before your appointment.
Please note, there is currently no option for parents, or patients, to ‘walk in’ and make appointments.
If you have COVID-19, do not present for your appointment. Please call to reschedule.
The Child Dental Benefit Schedule has changed its eligibility to 0-18 years.
The Townsville HHS oral health team is committed to promoting, maintaining and improving the health and wellbeing of the North Queensland community’s oral health. Our services are provided to people who meet the eligibility criteria for accessing public dental services in Queensland, covering geographic boundaries stretching from Kennedy and Cardwell in the north, Home Hill in the south and Richmond in the west, and includes Magnetic Island and the Palm Island group.
Oral health services across the Townsville Hospital and Health Service are provided from:
- Community/hospital-based clinics in Townsville, Palm Island, Ayr, Charters Towers, Hughenden, Richmond, Cardwell and Ingham
- Townsville Correctional Centre
- Cleveland Youth Detention Centre
- Fixed school clinics in Townsville, Ayr and Ingham
- Mobile clinics based in Townsville, Ayr, Charters Towers and Ingham and servicing schools within the boundaries of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service
- Townsville University Hospital Clinic
- Health promotion through community and personal education
- Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of oral disease
- Comprehensive general dental care for eligible adult, child and adolescent patients
- Emergency dental services for eligible patients, including denture repairs (Call centre triage assisted - telephone 1300 300 850 Monday – Friday 7.30am–4.00pm, excepting public holidays)
- Dental hygiene services
- Orthodontics (for eligible priority cases)