Consultation Liaison and Resource Team
The Consultation Liaison and Resource Team is a diverse team of senior clinicians including the Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Team, which provides a mental health service to all treatment areas of The Townsville Hospital, as well as Dual Diagnosis Coordinators, Multicultural Mental Health Coordinator, Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator, Mental Health Intervention Coordinator, Intellectual Disability Coordinator, Neuropsychology, Primary Care Liaison, Regional Adversity Support and Specialist Clinics.
Referral to these services, where necessary, occurs through other mental health teams.
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry
- Consultation Liaison Psychiatry Service provides Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Services to rapidly respond to the mental health needs of families and patients in the general wards of The Townsville Hospital.
- Dual Diagnosis
- Co-occurring mental health and alcohol and other drug problems, also known as "dual diagnosis", covers a broad spectrum of mental health and alcohol and other drug problems that a person experiences concurrently. The Dual Diagnosis service works with consumers of the mental health service that are seeking support with their alcohol and other drug use.
- Mental Health Intervention Coordinator
- The Mental Health Intervention Program aims to prevent and safely resolve incidents involving people with a mental illness who are experiencing a mental health crisis. The Mental Health Intervention Program is a collaborative program involving staff from Queensland Health, Queensland Ambulance Service and the Queensland Police Service. The Mental Health Intervention Coordinator maintains formal contact between mental health services and key police and ambulance officers.
- Intellectual Disability Coordinator
- The Intellectual Disability Coordinator provides consultation and liaison to teams in supporting consumers with comorbid mental health problems and intellectual disabilities. It plays an active role in the coordination of the Intellectual Disability and Developmental Disorder Specialist Clinic.
- Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator
- Pregnancy and the first year of motherhood, or the perinatal period, is a time of big changes in a woman’s life. The Perinatal Mental Health Service provides specialist assessment, collaborative treatment, and evidence-based clinical interventions to women in a safe and therapeutic setting to help them with mental health issues that may face prior to or following the birth of a child. The focus of the program is on building capacity, resilience, and child safety and security, to achieve positive outcomes for the mental health and social and emotional wellbeing of women, infants and their families in the perinatal period and during infancy. If you are struggling with your mental health during your pregnancy, or following the birth of your child, phone 13 MH CALL (1300 64 2255) and talk to our trained mental health staff to see how we can help.
- Multicultural Mental Health Coordinator
- The Multicultural Mental Health Service is responsible for facilitating culturally responsive mental health care to consumers and their families from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds. The service facilitates access to specialist services and resources through the Queensland Transcultural Mental Health Centre, and other local multicultural services and programs.
- Service Integration Coordination
- The Service Integration Coordinator supports people with severe mental illness and complex care needs to access a range of clinical and community support services tailored to meet individual needs and assist people to live meaningful lives in our community.
- Primary Care Liaison
- The Primary Care Liaison role maintains formal contact between mental health services and primary care (e.g. general practitioners, non-government mental health services etc.) to ensure smooth flow of care between services.
- This service provides psychological/clinical neuropsychological assessment to support the diagnosis and treatment of consumers of the mental health service.
- Tackling Regional Adversity through Integrated Care (TRAICC) program
- TRAICC is a state-wide program targeted at suicide prevention, building resilience and fostering recovery among people and communities affected by adversity associated with disaster and other crises.
|Perinatal Mental Health Clinic||Telephone 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255)|
|Neuropsychiatry Clinic||Telephone Cambridge Street Facility (07) 4433 9480|
|Eating Disorders Clinic||Telephone Cambridge Street Facility (07) 4433 9480|
|Intellectual and Developmental Disability Clinic||Telephone Cambridge Street Facility (07) 4433 9480|
|Dementia and Memory Disorders Clinic (DMD)||Telephone Older Persons Service (07) 4433 3092|
|Psychotherapy Clinic||Internal referrals only|
24/7 Crisis assistance and support
Mental Health Intake and Referral:
Ph: 1300MH CALL (1300 64 2255)
24/7 Alcohol and Drug Information Service:
Ph: 1800 177 833
In a life-threatening emergency:
Telephone triple zero (000) or 112 from mobiles