Board Summaries 2020
Summary of The Townsville Hospital and Health Board Meeting held 2 December 2019 and Board Activities in November 2019
The Townsville Hospital and Health Board (THHB) held its 2 December 2019 meeting at Townsville University Hospital. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Tony Mooney and attended by nine members of the Board.
The Board received regular updates from the Board Committees which met in November 2019, those being:
- Board Executive Committee
- Board Audit and Risk Committee
- Board Finance Committee
The Board also received reports from the following advisory Councils:
- Consumer Advisory Council Report
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Advisory Council
The Board received a regular Executive Report and Performance Report from the Health Service Chief Executive.
The Board received updates on key focus areas, which included:
- An update on the ongoing implementation of integrated electronic medical records at the THHS.
- The continuing implementation of the action plan devised following the external review of mental health services.
- THHS readiness ahead of future accreditation under the new Aged Care Quality Standards (Quality Standards).
- The Joyce Palmer Primary Care Centre and the Palm Island Joint Venture.
The Board undertook a number of official engagements in November, these included but were not limited to:
- Hosting the Better Health NQ meeting.
- THHS Corporate representation at the NQPHN Annual General meeting.
- Presenting an update on the on THHS Master Planning and Integrated Health & Knowledge Precinct at the Townsville Chamber Business Matters Event series.
- Remembrance Day Services cross the THHS.
- Meeting with Minister Miles regarding equitable dialysis services in the service’s footprint.
Members of the Board met with experienced UK health administrator Sir Neil McKay to discuss maintaining and improving service delivery and efficiency.
This summary of key issues discussed, and decisions made is approved for publishing by the Chair of the Townsville Hospital and Health Board and does not form or represent any part of the minutes of the meeting.