Board Summaries 2020
Summary of The Townsville Hospital and Health Board Meeting held 2 March 2020 and Board activities in February 2020
The Townsville Hospital and Health Board (THHB) held its 2 March 2020 meeting at the James Cooks University campus. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Tony Mooney and attended by nine members of the Board.
The Board received regular updates from the Board committees which met in February 2020, those being:
- Board executive committee
- Board safety and quality committee
- Board finance committee
The Board received a regular executive report and performance report from the Health Service Chief Executive.
The Board received updates on key focus areas, which included but was not limited to:
- The 2020/21 budget preparation
Following the regular reporting component of the agenda, the THHB was joined by the THHS Executive Team to undertake a strategic workshop.
Representatives of the Board participated in a number of key meetings and events in February 2020, these included but were not limited to:
- Charters Towers Dialysis Lobby and Support Group meeting
- Townsville Mentally Healthy City project
- Palm Island Health Action Plan 2018 – 2028 planning workshop
- TropiQ steering committee
- Welcoming new nurse graduates
The Board was represented at the following Board Advisory Committee meetings:
- Consumer Advisory Council
- THHS Clinical Council Meeting