Ingham Health Service
The Ingham Health Service is a 28-bed inpatient facility with emergency and general surgical services.
What care is provided?
- Emergency department
- General inpatient
- General surgical
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Obstetric and caseload midwifery care
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
- Speech pathologist
- Surgeons and gastroenterologists
- Private and public gastroenterologists
- Visiting community health services
- Child development service
- Chronic kidney disease
- Hearing Australia (private)
- Mental health - Adult psychiatrists, Child and youth psychiatrist
- Sexual assault counselor (private)
- Well-Women’s clinic
- Visiting specialists
- Cardiologist (heart)
- Orthopaedic surgeon (surgical treatment of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles, and fractures)
- Respiratory physician (lungs)
- Paediatrics (children)
- Child health
- Well-women's clinics
- Oral Health including school dental van
- Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders Health
- Community mental health
- Pathology-sample collection
- Referral to local and state-wide services such as HACC and welfare agencies
- Home Safety Assessment
- Alcohol and other drugs service (ATODS)
Where possible, the Ingham Health Service offers telehealth appointments for all specialties available at Townsville University Hospital.
Patients may also be eligible for reimbursement of costs incurred when travelling to a different facility for care. You can find more information about the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme here.
Free onsite parking is available
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
McIlwraith Street Ingham Qld 4850
PO Box 367
Ingham QLD 4850
Ph: + 61 7 4720 3000
Fax: +61 7 4720 3001
All Townsville HHS facilities are smoke-free zones. The Queensland Government has banned smoking in all Queensland hospitals, healthcare and residential aged care facilities and from five metres beyond their boundaries.
Until further notice, visiting hours for all Townsville Hospital and Health facilities are 5pm - 7pm. Two visitors per patient, per day.