Current and former employees are entitled to access their own employee records in accordance with Part 3 of the Public Service Regulation 2008.
There are six categories of records to which access will not be provided under this administrative arrangement:
- medical reports about the employee, where disclosure may be prejudicial to the employee's mental or physical health or well being
- employee assistance provider documents about the employee
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 documents about the employee
- documents about the employee concerning suspected official misconduct or its investigation
- documents about the employee concerning a suspected criminal offence or its investigation
- documents to which legal professional privilege applies
When making an application for employee records you need to submit a request in writing to the Release of Information Unit together with evidence of identity. Please submit proof of your identity (either a photocopy of your driver’s licence or full birth certificate or passport) certified by a Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Declarations as a true copy of the original document.
Release of Information Unit
Townsville Hospital and Health Service
PO Box 670
Townsville QLD 4810
Office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm (excluding public holidays)
Telephone: + 61 7 4433 1319
Fax: +61 7 4433 1331