COVID-19 (novel coronavirus)
This information is current as of 1015, 23 September 2021.
What's changed recently?
- POP-UP CLINIC - Two pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics will be in the city’s CBD, one at the northern entrance to the Queensland Country Bank Stadium and one at the Stanley Street end of Flinders St as part of Townsville City Council’s Townsville Eats – Rugby Championship Edition.
- Our West End COVID community vaccination centre is open. Located at 1-3 Woodman Ct in West End in the big blue/yellow building. Walk-ins welcome or you can book a time for your vaccine via this link.
- Visitor restrictions are in place for people who have visited a COVID-19 hotspot, interstate exposure venue or interstate area of concern. Click the 'Visiting hours, coming to appointments' tab for more information.
- Rural vaccination dates have been announced. Please click on the vaccination tab below to find dates and locations.
Protecting our patients and community members across all Townsville Hospital and Health Service facilities is now more important than ever. For general information on symptoms, contact tracing and the daily state-wide updates, including a region-by-region breakdown, please visit the Queensland Health COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) page.
Townsville Community Assessment Clinic data
This data is updated each business day.
- On 22 September 2021, 219 people were tested at the 1300 Smiles Stadium drive-through community assessment clinic.
- A total of 151,955 tests have been completed across both public and private clinics. Information correct as of 6pm 15 September 2021.
Check if you are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine
If you want to check whether you are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine yet, you can use the below website. If you are eligible, it will display a link for you to book your vaccine in.
General COVID-19 enquiries
If you want to contact someone about COVID-19, including hot spots, border passes, restrictions, testing, vaccination and more, phone the number below.
Ph: 13 42 68
13 HEALTH is a confidential phone service that provides health advice to Queenslanders. You can phone and talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the cost of a local call.
COVID-19 Health Information Line
This national 24/7 hotline helps to triage people with respiratory symptoms and
those who are concerned about contact with a possible COVID-19 case.
Ph: 1800 020 080
Do you want to keep on top of all our latest posts? You can follow us below:
Queensland Health resources
Mental health resources
We understand that these are daunting times for many people in our community; and that's okay. We've gathered some useful resources below and urge anyone feeling left out or down to connect with the following resources:
- Blog post: How to look after your mental wellbeing in a crisis
- Lifeline 24 hour crisis line - 13 11 14
- Headspace Townsville - (07) 4799 1799
- Kids helpline - 1800 55 180
- Beyond Blue 24-hour line - 1300 22 4636