How to apply
Applications for jobs with Townsville Hospital and Health Service are received through the Queensland Government’s Smart Jobs website.
Helpful information can be found on the Smart Jobs website here about how to register, apply, and how to set up job alerts.
You can also find tips about:
Applying for a job
Before applying for a role with our health service, please take the time to:
- Carefully read the advertisement and the role description which will give you important information about what you need to do to apply.
- Ensure you meet the qualification requirements for the role.
- Have a current CV.
- Prepare a cover letter that addresses the key role requirements and demonstrates why you are the best person for the job.
Searching for a job
Find a job by searching the current vacancies on the Smart Jobs website.
You can search and filter current job vacancies based on:
- Location: select `Townsville Region’
- Job type: select your preferred `occupational group’
- Department: select 'Queensland Health'
Submitting your application
Once you have found a job you are interested in log into your My Smart Jobs account, click ‘apply online’ and follow the steps below.
Give yourself plenty of time to prepare and submit your job application and check the closing date for any jobs you are interested in.
Make sure you read all application information and documents and have all required documents such as a resume, application letter or response to selection criteria.
- Complete all the relevant fields in the application form.
- In the resume, cover letter and other documents section, click attach files to add any required documents including:
- A short, written response on how your skills and experience would help you achieve the key responsibilities listed in the position description, if required
- A covering letter which includes the job vacancy reference number
- A resume or CV to support your application
- The names and contact details of two referees
- Click save and close.
- Before submitting your application check whether the uploaded files are correct by clicking view files.
- Click the apply now button when you have completed all required fields and are ready to submit your application.
You will see a message onscreen confirming your application has been submitted, and you will be sent an email to confirm your application was received.
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service offers a culturally diverse working environment with opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career options. The health service prides itself on being dedicated to high-quality teaching, learning and research.
Our employees enjoy the benefits of:
- Generous superannuation scheme with a combined 17 per cent contribution
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cumulative sick leave
- Attractive options for salary packaging
- Relocation assistance
- Allowances for specific roles
- Training and skill development opportunities
- Corporate discounts for local businesses
- Corporate health and fitness program
Are you interested in living and working in north Queensland.
We are always looking for talented staff to join our team.
Apply through Smart Jobs by setting your location to Townsville region. Create an account to get job alerts.