Parklands Aged Care
Visitors, staff or volunteers at a residential aged care facility should not be anyone who:
- is unwell
- has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- has returned from overseas in the last 14 days (excluding safe travel zone countries)
- is a close contact, unless their quarantine period has ended
- has visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter)
- has visited an interstate exposure venue in the last 14 days unless an exemption has been granted for an end of life visit
- has been in an interstate area of concern in the last 14 days or since the identified start date (whichever is shorter), unless you fit into one of the categories of people who are allowed to enter a facility with a negative COVID-19 test
- has been tested for COVID-19 and is waiting for the result (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- has COVID-19 symptoms of fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue
- has not had the 2021 flu vaccine, if it is available to them.
You may enter a residential aged care facility if you do not fit into any of the above categories.
- wash their hands before entering and leaving the facility
- stay 1.5 metres away from others where possible
- stay in the resident’s room, outside or in a specific area (avoiding communal spaces)
- stay away when unwell
- follow requests from the facility to help keep staff and residents safe.
For full details read the Residential Aged Care Direction.
What’s changing from 1am AEST 9 July 2021
- Contact information of visitors, volunteers and contractors must be collected using the Check In Qld app, unless an exception applies.
Parklands Residential Aged Care Facility is a 70-bed facility located at the Kirwan Community Health Campus providing frail, aged and memory support to older persons in the community. Each resident is accommodated in a single bedroom with a shared bathroom between bedrooms.
Parklands staff strive to provide quality care services in a home-like environment while maintaining the privacy and dignity of all residents. The team aim to create and support an independent lifestyle with freedom of choice. Our residents participate in a busy program of recreational activities and social outings. Family are actively encouraged to be involved in their loved ones’ care.
Parklands also provides Palliative end-of-life care onsite so residents can remain in comfortable and familiar surroundings.
Parklands also provides short-term overnight community respite for people with high-level respite approval.
Who is eligible for services?
Prospective permanent residents need permanent-care approval on aged care assessment.
Is there a cost?
All residents are required to pay a basic daily fee. Other fees and charges such as Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) or other means-tested fees are payable depending on income and asset assessment from Department of Human Services
How are services accessed?
Prospective residents are required to lodge an Application for Permanent Entry form, a copy of their My Support Plan/ACCR, a completed Income and Assets assessment (from Dept of Human Services /Centrelink/DVA) and an EPOA if person has impaired capacity.
All applications are waitlisted and prioritised for admission. Prospective residents can tour the facility on regular scheduled days. Contact facility for further details.
All residents or their relative/carer receive a handbook which contains information about privacy, compliments and complaints processes and services that are provided.
Free onsite parking is available.
Access to Parklands is either by the laneway from Thuringowa Drive beside Dan Gleeson Gardens or at lights at corner of Thuringowa Drive and Charles street.
In an emergency you should always call 000.
For non-urgent health advice call 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
138 Thuringowa Drive Kirwan QLD 4817
PO Box 1746
Ph: (07) 4433 9100
Fax: +61 4433 9101
Email: Send Email
8:00am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday