Homeless Health Outreach Team (HHOT)
The Homeless Health Outreach Team provides comprehensive assessments, care co-ordination and clinical interventions for homeless persons in the community who are experiencing mental illness. Through the provision of specialist mental health and general health care services, the team assists homeless people who are sleeping in public spaces, squats and other improvised dwellings. HHOT services are provided to people of all ages.
The HHOT is responsive to the needs of the consumer group and applies a strong consumer focus that is supportive, non-judgemental and ensures access. HHOT has a recovery approach to care, and recognises that consumers have the greatest knowledge and expertise regarding their needs and service requirements.
HHOT strives in providing timely, responsible access to health services to people who do not readily use clinic-based services but who are in need to health intervention and assistance.
The HHOT team provides:
- Continuity of care for persons with complex bio-psychosocial issues
- A consumer-orientated service, ensuring a focus on the person not the place
- A service that is community focused, community based and able to facilitate the development of effective partnerships.
- A culturally capable and sensitive service that is respectful of all cultures
- Collaboration with all available services, providing a co-ordinated and planned response to ongoing care
- Telephone the Acute Care Team - 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255)
- External agencies may also make referrals by phoning 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255)
Related Links & Resources
Cambridge Street Facility
59 Cambridge Street
Vincent Qld 4814
PO Box 670
Townsville QLD 4810
Ph: +61 7 4433 9480
Fax: +61 7 4433 8101
24/7 Crisis assistance and support
Mental Health Intake and Referral:
Ph: 1300MH CALL (1300 64 2255)
24/7 Alcohol and Drug Information Service:
Ph: 1800 177 833.
In a life threatening emergency:
Telephone triple zero (000) or 112 from mobiles
Fax: +61 7 4433 3001