Infection, Prevention and Control
Our hospitals admit some of the sickest people in our community. What can be a simple illness to a healthy person can have devastating consequences for an unwell patient. The HHS infection, prevention and control team is committed to preventing infections that can be transmitted in health-care settings, and controlling outbreaks.
The team also provides a consultation and education service for a range of infection control issues.
Our team of health care professionals provide the following services:
- Multi-disciplinary education programs
- On-site visits and audits
- Assistance with establishing and facilitating infection control programs
- Infection surveillance, outbreak monitoring and response,
- Assistance with redevelopment and refurbishment of buildings