The Townsville Sexual Health service offers a free and confidential community service. A Medicare card is not necessary to access our service; however, we encourage you to bring one where possible. The service is self-referral with appointments preferred. Please call and speak to our triage nurse or leave a message with our reception team if the triage nurse is unavailable.
The clinic provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services including testing and treatment of:
- All sexually transmissible infections
- HIV including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Viral hepatitis
- Contraception including emergency contraception, advice and information on all pregnancy options
- Termination of pregnancy information
- Sexual assault (when the police aren’t involved)
- Sexuality and sexual function issues (sexual problems, straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or uncertain)
- Genital skin conditions
- Needle and Syringe Program (NSP)
- Community-based screening programs for STIs, HIV and viral hepatitis
- Counselling for all sexual health concerns
- Sexual health education and health promotion activities (can be arranged for both health professionals and the public)
The service also provides free condoms, lubricant and supports the needle and syringe program providing new ‘fit kits’ and access to a 24-hour disposal bin.
Free chlamydia and gonorrhoea tests available anytime via the internet and 13HEALTH.
- Queensland Government Sexual Health home page
- List of information about sexually transmitted diseases
- HealthPathways - Townsville- for GPs
- Queensland Positive People (QPP)
- Hepatitis Queensland
- Let Them Know
- Termination of Pregnancy information
- Children by Choice 1800 017 676
- The Women’s Centre (07) 4775 7555
35 Gregory Street
North Ward Q 4810
PO Box 5224
Townsville MC QLD 4810
Regular clinic hours
Monday evenings 4.30-7.00pm by appointment ONLY.
Please note: The door is locked from 4.30pm. Please press the green button on the left of the door for after-hours service.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday:
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Due to COVID-19, speciality clinics such as the RAPID Clinic and the Men's Tuesday Quickie Clinic will be closed until further notice.
Kirwan Community Health Campus Wednesday and Thursday
Bookings via triage nurse
Ph: 4433 9600
Charters Towers Outreach Clinic – Allied Health Building Charters Towers
Thursdays – (Alternate) Hospital 3:00pm-7:00pm
Hughenden and Richmond Outreach Clinics
Appointments and enquiries can be made by calling 0429 488 710 or drop in.