Townsville Sexual Health Services offer a confidential, Medicare-funded community service. If you do not have a Medicare card you can still ring and discuss options with one of our nurses. We are a self-referral service with appointments preferred. Our reception staff are available during regular clinic hours and generally take a message from yourself to pass on to the triage nurse, who will return your call. All return calls come from a private number.
The clinic provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services including testing and treatment of:
- All sexually transmissible infections
- HIV including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Viral hepatitis
- Contraception including emergency contraception, advice and information on all pregnancy options
- Termination of pregnancy information
- Sexual assault (when the police aren’t involved)
- Sexuality and sexual function issues (sexual problems, straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or uncertain)
- Genital skin conditions
- Needle and Syringe Program (NSP)
- Community-based screening programs for STIs, HIV and viral hepatitis
- Counselling for all sexual health concerns
- Sexual health education and health promotion activities (can be arranged for both health professionals and the public)
The service also provides free condoms, lubricant and supports the needle and syringe program providing new ‘fit kits’ and access to a 24-hour disposal bin.
Queensland residents aged 16 years or older can order a free chlamydia and gonorrhoea urine test online through 13 HEALTH Webtest.
- Queensland Government Sexual Health home page
- List of information about sexually transmitted diseases
- HealthPathways - Townsville- for GPs
- Queensland Positive People (QPP)
- Hepatitis Queensland
- Let Them Know
- Termination of Pregnancy information
- Children by Choice 1800 017 676
- The Women’s Centre (07) 4775 7555
35 Gregory Street
North Ward Q 4810
PO Box 5224
Townsville MC QLD 4810
Regular clinic hours Monday to Friday
8.00am - 4.30pm
Monday evenings (additional):
4.30 - 7.00pm by appointment ONLY.
Please note: the door is locked from 4.30pm. Please press the green button on the left of the door for after-hours clinics.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday:
Saturday and Sunday:
RAPID HIV Testing Clinic – temporarily closed. Please check back later or call the clinic for more information.
Men's only drop-in clinic (AKA Quickie)
This is a TEST and GO clinic – for men with NO symptoms – no treatment supplied at this drop in clinic.
Please call for an appointment if you have symptoms.
Kirwan Community Health Campus
Wednesday and Thursday
Bookings via triage nurse
Ph: 4433 9600
Charters Towers Outreach Clinic – Allied Health Building Charters Towers
Thursdays – (Alternate) Hospital 3:00pm-7:00pm
Hughenden and Richmond Outreach Clinics
Appointments and enquiries can be made by calling 0429 488 710 or drop in.