The Townsville Sexual Health service offers a free and confidential community service. A Medicare card is not necessary to access our service; however, we encourage you to bring one where possible. The service is self-referral with appointments preferred. Please call and speak to our triage nurse or leave a message with our reception team if the triage nurse is unavailable.
The clinic provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services including testing and treatment of:
- All sexually transmissible infections
- HIV including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Viral hepatitis
- Contraception including emergency contraception, advice and information on all pregnancy options
- Termination of pregnancy information
- Sexual assault (when the police aren’t involved)
- Sexuality and sexual function issues (sexual problems, straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or uncertain)
- Genital skin conditions
- Needle and Syringe Program (NSP)
- Community-based screening programs for STIs, HIV and viral hepatitis
- Counselling for all sexual health concerns
- Sexual health education and health promotion activities (can be arranged for both health professionals and the public)
The service also provides free condoms, lubricant and supports the needle and syringe program providing new ‘fit kits’ and access to a 24-hour disposal bin.
Free Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea tests available anytime via the internet and 13HEALTH
35 Gregory Street
North Ward Q 4810
PO Box 5224
Townsville MC QLD 4810
Regular clinic hours
Monday evenings 4.30-7.00pm by appointment ONLY.
Please note: The door is locked from 4.30pm. Please press the green button on the left of the door for after-hours service.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday:
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
RAPID Clinic – Monday 3:30pm-6:30pm
Men’s Tuesday Quickie Clinic 3-6pm
If you have NO current health worries and just want a quick STI or HIV test drop in to our "Quickie clinic"
Kirwan Community Health Campus Wednesday and Thursday
Bookings via triage nurse
421 Fulham Rd, Heatley
Monday 3pm-6pm (except public holidays)
Drop-in or appointments made by phoning 4417 8000
Tuesday – (Alternate) Drop-In Centre
Dean Park, South Townsville
Charters Towers Outreach Clinic – Allied Health Building Charters Towers
Thursdays – (Alternate) Hospital 3:00pm-7:00pm
Hughenden and Richmond Outreach Clinics
Appointments and enquiries can be made by calling 0429488710 or drop in.