Tropical Centre of Telehealth Practice and Research
The Tropical Centre for Telehealth Practice and Research (TC-TPR) is the leading telehealth innovation and research organisation in North Queensland.
Located within The Townsville Hospital and working closely with academic partners James Cook University and the Anton Briel Centre for Health Service Strengthening (Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine), the TC-TPR is dedicated to advancing telehealth practice, training and research across Northern Queensland and Australia to provide quality and safe patient-centred care, closer to home.
The centre is committed to:
- Building telehealth leadership, profile and capacity in Australia's tropical context
- Building telehealth applied capacity across clinical specialisations in the Townsville and Cairns regions, along with assisting primary care providers to provide quality care closer to home
- Building a research agenda that covers different models of care based on evidence of effectiveness in telehealth service delivery
- Providing an education and training capacity in collaboration with our academic partners the Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine, the Anton Briel Centre for Health Service Strengthening and James Cook University
- Developing international links in telehealth training and research.
These activities provide a unique environment in which modern telemedicine practice and research within tropical locations may be understood and expanded upon.
- Telehealth Emergency Management Support Unit (TEMSU)
- Townsville Hospital and Health Service Mental Health Services
- Townsville TeleDiabetes and TeleEndocrinology Network
- Townsville TeleGero - Telehealth Geriatric Medicine
- Townsville Telehealth Medical Cyber Centre
- Townsville TeleOncology Network
- Various Sub Specialities
- Allied Health Services
- Clinical Nursing Network
- Townsville Hospital Cardiac Surgery
- Transitional Research in Endocrinology and Diabetes (TREAD)