Strategies and publications
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service produces a number of publications and strategies to inform our community about our performance, achievements and our vision for the future.
Our annual report provides an overview of our financial and non-financial performance and key achievements.
The health service has a number of strategic plans which set out our vision for the future.
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service Plan 2018 – 2028, sets a clear vision for how health services will be delivered into the future. Through the identification of priority planning actions, sustainable service models will be delivered to meet the needs of both the Townsville Hospital and Health Service communities and northern Queensland.
- Health Service Plan 2018-2028
- Background paper - Health Service Plan 2018-2028
- Stakeholder inputs into the planning process - Health Service Plan 2018-2028
- Activity and capacity requirement projections - Health Service Plan 2018-2028
Health equity strategy
In October 2022 the Townsville Hospital and Health Service unveiled its First Nations Health Equity Strategy, which highlights our commitment as an organisation to create an equitable health system and eliminate institutional racism and discrimination across our public health system.
Other plans and strategies
- Consumer and Community Engagement Strategy 2023-2026
- Magnetic Island Yunbenun Health Service Strategy 2023-2033
- Reconciliation Action Plan 2023-2025
- Research annual reports
- Research Strategic Plan 2023-2026
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Workforce Strategy 2022-2031
- Palm Island Health Action Plan 2018-2028
- Children and Young People Strategy 2018 – 2028
- Strategic Plan 2022 - 2026
- Clinician Engagement Strategy 2018 – 2022
- Healthy Ageing in North Queensland Strategy 2020 – 2030
- 2022 Local Area Needs Assessment (LANA) Snapshot
- Townsville Hospital and Health Service and Northern Queensland Primary Health Network Engagement Protocol
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service works closely with a number of other care and education providers to help provide world-class care and research to the benefit of our community.
- Local Primary Healthcare Protocol between Townsville HHS and Northern Queensland Primary Health Network