Townsville Community Allied Health Team
Townsville Community Allied Health Team enhances function, independence and safety of older people and their carers living in the community.
The Townsville Community Allied Health Team is an integral part of the Townsville Community Health Service. The team works closely with the partner programs of the nursing teams and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health.
The primary client group is any older person who has difficulty functioning in their usual environment, who requires an allied health service to continue to live in the community and without which would be at risk of early and inappropriate placement in long-term residential care.
The allied health disciplines include occupational therapists, speech pathologists, podiatrists, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, psychologists, social workers, dietitians and therapy assistants who provide:
- assessment, education and treatment for individuals to enable clients to remain living at home
- group education to enhance knowledge and skills for healthy lifestyles
- assistance to support individual client's services and with the management of difficult or complex cases
- contribution to the development of local and regional community services.
The team provides services 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- no services are provided on weekends or public holidays
- there is no cost to the consumer for services provided.