Townsville Community Allied Health Team
Townsville Community Allied Health Team enhances function, independence and safety of people over 18 years of age, and their support persons, living in the community.
The primary client group is any adult and/or older person experiencing chronic and/or aging health conditions, who have difficulty functioning in their usual environment.
The allied health disciplines include occupational therapists, speech pathologists, podiatrists, physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, psychologists, social workers, dietitians and therapy assistants who provide:
- assessment, education and treatment for individuals to enable clients to remain living well within the home
- group education to enhance knowledge and skills for healthy lifestyles
- assistance to support individual client's services and with the management of difficult or complex issues
The team provides services 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- no services are provided on weekends or public holidays
- there is no cost to the consumer for services provided.