Mobile Women’s Health Service
The Mobile Women's Health Service is a network of 15 specially trained women’s health nurses who provide a free and confidential service to Queensland women.
The service, established by Queensland Health, aims to improve the health and wellbeing of women in rural and remote areas of Queensland. It provides women's health clinics for women in Charters Towers, Hughenden, Richmond, Bowen, Collinsville, Ingham, Palm Island and Magnetic Island. This service complements and works with the other health services such as local general practitioners, the Royal Flying Doctor Service as well as other health service providers.
Our services provided by the Townsville Mobile Women's Health nurse practitioner is a safe, non-judgemental space where you can discuss your women’s health issues. The service specifically caters to include:
- cervical screening (Pap smears)
- contraception, including Implanon insertion and Mirena assessment and review
- family planning education
- sexuality and gender issues
- STI testing and treatment
- pelvic-floor muscle training and continence promotion
- information about menopause and hormone replacement
- assessment re menstrual problems, abnormal bleeding etc.
- pregnancy options
- gynaecological referral as required
- information and support on all women's health issues.
Self-referral - please contact the health centres to find the date of the next clinic and to make an appointment
Bowen (07) 4786 8222
Charters Towers (07) 4787 0361
Collinsville (07) 4785 4777
Hughenden (07) 4741 2800
Ingham (07) 4720 3028
Palm Island (07) 4752 5165
Richmond (07) 4741 6100
Magnetic Island (07) 4778 5107