Aged Care Assessment Team
The Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) undertakes assessment and provides information and support to older people and their carers to obtain a range of Commonwealth-funded services to help you continue living in your own home, or enter an aged care home.
The team provides:
- assessment and care coordination for individuals and carers to enable clients to remain living at home or enter an aged care residential home
- contribution to the development of local and regional aged care community services by identifying the needs and gaps
- services during regular business hours Monday to Friday.
- no services are provided on weekends or public holidays.
- there is no cost to the consumer for services provided.
Who is the service for?
The primary client group are elderly people over the age of 65 years and over the age of 50 years for Indigenous people who have considerable difficulty functioning within their usual environment. Clients may require services to continue to live in the community and without which, would be at risk of premature or inappropriate long-term residential care. The service is also available to those who are unable to remain at home and now require residential care.