Visiting hours, coming to appointments
Our staff are dedicated to providing a safe environment for all of our patients and visitors. Please see information below regarding changes to services, visiting hours and outpatient appointments.
Coming to your appointment:
- only come in for your appointment if you are well.
- please limit any family or support people and ensure everyone is well.
If you are unwell:
if you are unwell it is important that you do not attend your scheduled appointment. Please either respond ‘No’ to your text message (if applicable) or contact the relevant department via the phone number on your booking letter.
- please take this quick quiz to see if you should stay at home.
A person, other than a patient of the hospital, must not enter, or remain at, a hospital in the State of Queensland if:
- is unwell
- has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- has returned from overseas in the last 14 days (excluding safe travel zone countries)
- has had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- has visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter)
- has visited an interstate exposure venue in the last 14 days unless an exemption has been granted for an end of life visit
- has been in an interstate area of concern in the last 14 days or since the identified start date (whichever is shorter), unless you fit into one of the categories of people who are allowed to enter a facility with a negative COVID-19 test
- has been tested for COVID-19 and is waiting for the result (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- has COVID-19 symptoms of fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue
For the latest information on Residential Aged Care Facilities, please click here.
For the latest information on Hospital visitors, please click here.
Outpatient appointments - business as usual
Townsville Hospital and Health Service has resumed all outpatient services.
You can bring two support people to outpatient appointments across all Townsville Hospital and Health Service facilities.
If you are unwell, are unable to attend or are in self-isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19 it is important that you let us know and we will rebook you.
If your condition worsens during this period, seek advice from your GP.